Sunday 9 August 2015

Week 6 Volunteering @ ARCHELON 02/08-08/08

 All in all week 6 was quite uneventful for me. The only thing I really remember about this weewas my night patrol on Mavrovouni east with Marion. This was so so funny, we had such a laugh. It as funny because so many little funny things happened to us. For example at night time a Dalmatian running at you is a scary sight! And at one point me and Marion were focused so hard on a white light and where it was coming from and wwere walking towards it, and before we knew it we had walked face first into a volleyball net and just started laughing so hard, and because we were laughing so much Marion tripped over a rope and fell flat down - I've never had such a fun night patrol and such an eventful one for such great reasons.

 One thing that did happen in this weewas one of my favourite people leaving, Alexus. I love Alexus so much and have continued to keep in contact with her after leaving Greece. Alexus is from Colorado, so seeing her again I know will take a long time and so saying goodbye to hewas super difficult. Also had to say goodbye to Klara, Tash who I also loved dearly. 


Klara, Me and Alexus.


Summary:
02/08- ?
03/08- ?
04/08- MS ME / cook
05/08- MS V / NP MW
06/08- BC / K 16:00-18:00
07/08- MS S / BC
08/08- MS V+S


Key:
MS- Morning Survey
ES- Evening Survey
LS- Light Survey
NP- Night Patrol
K- Kiosk
BC- Basecamp
IT- Information Table
SS- Slideshow
EX - Excavation
SH- Shading 


Beach Codes:
M- Mavrovouni (Whole beach)
ME- Mavrovouni East
MW- Mavrovouni West
V- Valtaki
S- Selinitsa
B- Vathi

No comments:

Post a Comment