Saturday 19 September 2015

Life after ARCHELON...

As soon as I got home on the 5th I cried, I couldn't believe I wasn't at camp anymore. I had serious withdrawal from camp for the first week of being home before I readjusted to not being there. It was lovely to have my usual cup of tea, to see my pets, friends and family but at the very same time I left a life behind at camp. 

 Sammy and Anna had given me the cutest leaving present, when they gave it to me I cried it was so sweet of them. It was a mug with a selfie of us pulling silly faces with the caption "Take me seriously" which was an inside joke at camp that I will always love. So as soon as I had a cup of tea the next morning I sent them a picture of it in my new favourite mug!



 Since coming home I've still kept in contact with quite a few people who I met at camp. And I hope to arrange plans to see who I can soon, I am sure the friendships I made there will last for a long time. Volunteering at ARCHELON was by far the best experience of my life, and I'll forever treasure those 10 weeks. I was lucky enough to be surrounded by the most incredible people and share so many experiences with them. 

 I had 3 group photos while at camp, these don't show everyone I met there but here's some of them!

Left to right: Anna, Emily, Tania, Will, Me, Emily, Donna, Sarah, Alexus, Ruben, Rocky, Hetty, Lizzie, Sammy


Left to right: Tash, Klara, Donna, Ruben, Me, Gretta, Alexus, Rocky, Lizzie, Victor, Anna, Finn, AJ, Maria, Diana
Front ro
w: Sammy, Iuliana, AndrĂ©

Left to right: Andrea, Glen, Gail, Tara, Ollie, Kieran, Kat, Iona
Front row: Anna, Sammy, Me

 If you're interested in volunteering with ARCHELON I highly recommend you do it! Go to archelon.gr for more information, or read about volunteering in the Lakonikos Bay project through GVI at www.gvi.co.uk/programs/volunteer-turtles-greece

 Also check out the Facebook pages for both ARCHELON here and the ARCHELON Lakonikos Bay page here!


To finish this blog of my experience, I want to say a huge thank you to the following people: 
Anna, Sammy, Alexus, Rocky, Donna, Emily R-B, Hetty, Will L, Lizzie, Ruben, Tania, Emily W, Sarah, Gretta, Iuliana, Diana, Victor, Tash, Klara, AJ, Farah, Jill, Will H, Finn, Marion, Jo, Charlie, Alex, Iona, Rosie, Kieran, Alana, Tara, Ollie, Kat, Gail, Glen, Viktoria, and all the family and part time volunteers, as well as the scout groups I met. You all made my experience as great as it was, you taught me so much and it was amazing to meet such great people from all over thworld. I'm so happy I met each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment